V-day Date Outfit

23:02

Hello beautiful readers!
It's been quite a long time since I updated my blog. My sincere apologies for not being active. To be honest, I wasn't caught up in any work or anything but it's just that I didn't feel like blogging for some time. I couldn't feel the urge to write down and share my heart with you guys. But, now that I am back, I'm here to stay and keep you guys updated with the latest of fashion world. Also, Whimsical Closet turned 1 this January. With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought that I should come up with a date outfit for all the lovely ladies out there who are still struggling with their outfits. My kind of date outfit is more on the simple and comfortable side. I can't wear an uncomfortable dress and roam about the whole day long. Also, I don't go out on dates. Okay! So, I picked out this velvet slip dress (trending) as velvet (trending) is all over these days whether it be dresses, trousers, hoodies, bags, shoes etc. You can find velvet is everywhere from the streets to the high end brands, they have all got it. This black velvet slip dress with lace detailing at the neckline and the hemline is perfect for a date. I have styled it in two different ways.

The first look is for those of you who like to remain covered up but still like to show off a bit. Slip dresses are so popular these days and what better day to wear it on a date and flaunt it. I wore my white turtleneck sweater under the slip dress and teamed it up with a pair of chunky ankle boots. This look is so simple yet eye-catching. You can try different hairstyles but I like to keep my hair loose. Put on some red lipstick and you're good to go.








For the second look, I put away my turtleneck sweater and just wore the dress for a more femnine look. With all the lace detailing, the dress gives you a more classy and elegant look. For footwear, I went for a red single strap heels. Also, I threw on a white overcoat just in case it gets chilly in the evening. And, for the hair and makeup, I kept it the same. 






Outfit Deets 
Velvet Slip Dress : H&M
Turtleneck Sweater (look 1) : Thrifted
Chunky Ankle Boots (look 1) : Koovs
Strap Heels (look 2) : Charles & Keith
Overcoat (look 2) : Thrifted

Wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day in advance!
Hope your day is filled with lots of excitement and loads of love.
Stay Chic! Stay Fabulous!
Until next time...
xoxo









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/Whimsical-Closet

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/whimsicalcloset/