Alcohol Talks

23:22

It's the alcohol talking



It was late at night
I was done watching my series on Netflix
I was about to cuddle up with my pillow for the night,
the way I used to cuddle up with you.

Out of nowhere, my phone started ringing
and I saw a familiar number on the screen.
Flashbacks started
A gush of memories started blowing up in my head.

My heart started racing as I received the call
I started feeling paranoid
as you asked, "How have you been?"

You told me that you miss me every day
And how the front seat of your car reminds you of me.
You told me that I know you, in a way no other can.
I have always been the first person you always snuck to
whenever you used to feel low.

You started talking about the things
that we used to do.
You remembered how I used to drag you
into restaurants saying you didn't want to go
but deep down you were always fine with it.
So one day, when somebody else does the same,
I hope you remember me.

But, you didn't apologise
for the things that you did to me.
For a moment, I felt that I was dreaming.
I was the happiest person,
even after knowing that nothing can be mended now.

Then, all of a sudden, I realised.
It wasn't you.
It was your alcohol talking to me.

Alas! I was so wrong.
I am your go-to person,
your go-to place
when you are sloshed in alcohol and when she is not around.

I am not your 11:11 wish,
I am your 1 am drunk-call confession.

So, it's okay we ended,
forever is not a concept I am very religious about.
But what we had, you will remember it forever.
You will remember me forever.

Once again, alcohol wins over "love."

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Like I always say, it is what it is💁🏻‍♀️

      Delete
  2. So nice yeah, made me emotional. Didn’t knew this talent of yours . Keep posting more ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure and happiest birthday 🎂 to you 🙌🏻🌹

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow u wrote it so beautifully <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/Whimsical-Closet

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/whimsicalcloset/